My friend posted something about this and I couldn’t help but share more information about this great cause.
United We Serve – Serving Veterans & Military Families
(link to website)
In a nutshell, the United States government is stepping up to make our active duty military, veterans, and their families a top priority. Michelle Obama and Jill Biden are launching a national campaign to bring awareness to the sacrifices our servicemembers and families make, as well as give opportunities to support and take action. Consider letting this be your call to join the movement! Remember that if it weren’t for our selfless men and women who have served and are serving in this nation’s military we wouldn’t have the freedoms and opportunities we are blessed with.
“1 percent of Americans may be fighting our wars; 100 percent of Americans need to be supporting our troops and their families — 100 percent.” -President Barack Obama
Taken from the website…
Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Contact your National Guard State Family Program Director to learn how you can support National Guard families living in your area.
- Volunteer at a camp for military children. To find a camp for military kids in your state, go to MilitaryFamily.org.
- Create your own project using the toolkit, How to Help Military Families from AARP’s Create the Good.
- Check out the Sierra Club’s Military Families Outdoors program, which provides positive outdoor experiences for Armed Forces personnel and their families.
Check out these organizations to learn more:
- United Through Reading
- Little Patriots Embraced
- Hero Miles
- Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors
- Operation Homefront
To hear more on the steps our government is taking, watch this video. It’s very informative and makes me proud to be a military wife and part of a nation who understands & appreciates the sacrifices we and our loved ones make for our country.