Seeing that it’s been like 3 months since I’ve actually written something on my own, I suppose it’s time for a life update. I have a tendency to be wordy, and since A LOT has happened between June and now thanks to the good ole Navy, I’ll spare you by trying to do this in bullet points & photos.
- We bought a house in Maryland that Clint had never seen. Talk about trust! We are now the proud owners of this little gem.
- I quit my job with nothing else lined up… Scary!
- Our cute little condo was packed up into an array of boxes and shipped across the country.
- I said “see you later!” (it’s not goodbye!) to many of my closest friends and family.
- We took 6 days to drive to our new home in Maryland. Some stops worth mentioning were WSU, Devil’s Tower, Mount Rushmore, Crazy Horse, and Wall Drug.
- We moved into the aforementioned little gem and started making into a home of our very own.
- Clint left for San Diego, via Washington State (I can’t just say Washington anymore!), to learn about H-60 helicopters. He just finished his first school where he was consistently a top performer with the highest scores in class. Yes…I’m bragging. 🙂 He’s been able to enjoy In-n-Out (lucky jerkface), Whidbey friends, and most importantly – see his parents!
- I’ve been here in Maryland, just decorating and getting to know the area. It’s not ideal to be alone in a new place, but luckily I’m rather independent so it hasn’t really been an issue! I’ve joined a yoga studio and practice about 3-4x a week. I also work the front desk 2-3x a week as part of a work-trade program, so that’s been a nice way to get out of the house and talk to people. I know a few people in the area so it’s been great visiting with them from time to time. I think church will help too, I’ve already gotten to know a few people that way.
- I went to Michigan for my cousin’s wedding. It was a lovely weekend and better yet, I was able to see my parents and many other family members I haven’t seen in a while. It was especially great reconnecting with my cousin who lives in Washington DC!
- I’m trying to find a job, more on that later.
- Soon, I’ll be jetsetting off to meet Clint and we will be doing ONE MORE cross-country road trip. Can’t wait for that!
Overall, the past few months has been awesome and I am so happy that we were able to get stationed here! Of course it will be better when Clint and I are FINALLY living under the same roof, but so far we both have a really great feeling about Pax! We can see a great life ahead of us in this location. It is luciously green, there is so much water, lots of outdoor activities, SUNSHINE, local produce galore, delicious food, and everyone has been so friendly and welcoming. Who knows… we might decide to stay East Coasters for good!